Welcome to the Carnival
Here at Tego Interactive we are pleased to be taking a more active roll in hosting Carnival of the Mobilists (COM) in 2012. If you haven’t already read through the posts highlighted in our February outing, please check out COM #262.
But enough of the old – on to the new! We are honored to host COM, the weekly roundup of the Web’s best blogging on the technology and business of mobile and wireless. The COM is great collective of mobile thinkers and innovators and we would once again like to thank all Mobilists for their contributions to this COM installment.
Check out this week’s line-up of fine posts below. You will no doubt find something interesting and engaging. Also be sure to follow the COM on Twitter (@TheMobilists) to find out what’s happening within the COMmunity.
- Steve Litchfield recommends this article from Ewan Spence who outlines why Microsoft’s Windows Phone has staying power and how short-term setbacks should not be an indicator of Microsoft’s long-term goals. In other words, don’t be so quick to judge Windows Phone.
- James Coops at MobyAffiliates shares stats for OMGPOP’s game, Draw Something. Included are Draw Something usage and download statistics, revenues and financials. Simply amazing!
- Mark Bridge at The Fonecast sifts through all the click-earning headlines and gives the facts on RIM’s direction and focus.
- In partnership with untether.tv, Peggy Anne Salz from MobileGroove tells us how Bango inserted itself at the center of the burgeoning App Economy and allows app developers to better understand their customers.
- Lynette Anthony-Hundermark confesses she “…absolutely LOVES mobile” and it’s with that passion that she writes about the growing importance of user experience (UX) on mobile. Developers, take note! Mobile is the future, as Lynette says, and this summary of her talk at UX Masterclass Conference on March 30, 2012 really should be titled “Mobile UX For Dummies”.
- In an in-depth look into the sudden comprehensive collapse of OEM handset makers, Tomi Ahonen introduces The Cliff Theory and discusses why this happens in mobile at rates never seen in any other industry.
- A great app is a good start, but developers determined to build a serious business also need a solid monetization strategy. Over at MobileGroove, Hillel Fuld shares three tips aimed at generating more clicks and — ultimately— more revenues.
Pick of the Week
- Antoine RJ Wright introduces his idea for a contextual UI, or smart interface on mobile devices. In this scenario, the device would adjusts itself based on what its learned or what you’ve programmed. A great idea based on great insight.
Thanks for reading. COM is taking a break next week due to the Easter holiday but keep an eye on the host schedule for an update on coming Carnivals.
The COM is an open community of mobile enthusiasts and everyone is welcome to participate. If you would like to contribute to the next Carnival of the Mobilsits, submit your best blogging via email to Mobilists (at) gmail (dot) com. Be sure to include a link to your post.